Volunteer at the Anchor House
The Anchor House exists because of the generous support of volunteers–people just like you who donate time, goods, services and financial support. Volunteering at the Anchor House helps us to be good stewards of our resources. There are many ways to help at the Anchor House.
- Cooking: Come cook a meal and give these single working mothers a night off. Suggested occurrence: once a month
- Cleaning: We clean on Saturday mornings. Come clean alongside our moms and build a relationship with them. Suggested occurrence: twice a month
- Babysit: Our moms take evening classes, go to counseling and other weekly program requirements and we need safe people to watch their children while they learn and grow. Suggested occurrence: twice a month
- Administrative Support: Bring your organizational and computer skills to Anchor House! We need someone to help run errands, file paper work, write thank you card and other administrative tasks. Suggested occurrence: once a week
- Deep clean: We have a lot of kids with sticky fingers and every once in a while we need help to deep clean. Join a team of people who come and make the Anchor House sparkle. Suggested occurrence: Every other month
- Teach a Class: Do you have a specialty you think our families would benefit from? Teach a class at Anchor House. Examples: Healthy childhood development, job skills, budgeting. Suggested occurrence: Once a week for one month
- Large-scale service days do not require volunteers to be background checked but any volunteering hands-on with families require volunteers to complete a background check.
Service Day Volunteers
Several times a year, the Anchor House hosts small groups that volunteer 3-6 hours at the house doing a variety of jobs including window washing, drywall repair and painting, sorting donations, landscaping projects, etc. This has proven to be a great experience for groups and families. Sign up for our Service Day Team by emailing email@example.com.
The Anchor House needs volunteers for our Annual Gala this spring. The gala is our primary event to raise support for the house. We are looking for individuals for the following roles: serve on planning committee; secure donations for auction; assemble centerpieces; set up and take down; host table of 8-10 invited guests.
Special projects are those that require additional investment of resources and time. Currently, our PLAYGROUND is in need of maintenance and repair. Estimated cost: $2000.
Become a Board Member
A member of the Anchor House Board partners with the Director in developing and implementing the strategic plan, attends board meetings, approves the annual budget, helps with business decisions and represents the Anchor House House to stakeholders.